Sunday, January 29, 2012

Update and Review

Just want to let everyone know that I will be missing for a little while. Tommarow the movers will be here, Tuesday we will be going to my girls grandparents to stay until we go to Florida and then on a cruise, and after all of that shitmwe will be moving to the new house and dealing with all the fun that comes with a new house. I will post when I can and write plenty without any Internet so I should have plenty to update when I get going again. So I leave with a review. Enjoy.


Review:
Nightjack by Tom Piccirilli.

This is the first book I have read from this author and hadn't really heard a whole lot about him prior to reading Nightjack. I saw the awesome cover and saw the name "jack" (the ripper) in the synopsis and bought it immediately.
It starts out pretty strong, well paced with pretty good diologue and a bit of action. Unfortunately after about the first quarter it gets a bit slow, taking the characters on a long road trip basically where not much happends. It took me a while to get through this part, picking up my kindle and reading 5-8 pages at a time. I didn't really think it would pick up, and if it did, I didn't think it would really peak my interest.
In the last 15% it finally does, revealing a concept that I really wish I would have thought of haha. And the rest is pretty good. I did like how the book was all kind of abstract, things the characters say and do are crazy and can be interpreted in a lot of ways.
Bottom line. I liked it. Isn't one of my favorites but I did enjoy it for the most part. 3 stars and a stamp of "put on your read list" from me.

Thanks guys, see ya in a month.

Tafe

0 comments:

Post a Comment